Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hains Point wind tunnel testing

I went out to Hains Point for the noon ride today and it was windy, particularly on the back stretch. I went out to do a warm up lap before the group started and found myself struggling to keep the bike upright, and that was with shallow rimmed wheels. There were some brave souls out there sporting dished wheels, kudos to them.

A couple laps into it, there were a few attempts at an echelon but they never really materalized. I don't know if it was lack of skills or the wind was so brutal no one really wanted to stick there nose in it. At one point a gust of wind blew so hard I thought I was being t-boned. All in all it was a good workout. It looks like there's more rain on the horizon, so I'm glad I was able to take advantage of being able to ride outside, in the sun, wind or no wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment